The Government of St. Kitts and Nevis has a long running “Citizenship-by-investment” program attracting foreigners, who make a substantial contribution to the development of the country. Investors along with any family members, can directly qualify for citizenship through investment, either by making a donation or investment in real estate purchase.
St Kitts passport is an excellent second passport for visa free travel to over 100+ countries in Europe, Caribbean. It usually takes 6 months to receive the passport after the investment is made.
– Visa free travel to all EU schengen countries including Switzerland, UK and Ireland
– No residency or personal visit to St Kitts needed
– Tax free – no income, inheritance or wealth tax.
– Lifetime citizenship
– Easy second passport and citizenship for your family members.
– Privacy in small peaceful country.
– Dual citizenship benefits.
– Choice of Real estate investment.
– Processing time only 3 months
– Free movement in the CARICOM
The St. Kitts & Nevis passport is very well regarded and has excellent reputation, and only relatively few passports have been issued under this citizenship-by-investment program by the Government. It is a cheapest program to gain second citizenship for Americans.
Important: We work with many law firms in St.Kitts, officially appointed and authorized by the Government of St. Kitts and Nevis to represent and promote the Citizenship-by-Investment program.
New Changes 2023
The St Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment unit (CIU) has announced sweeping changes effective from Jul 27, 2023. Minimum investment for donation and real estate now doubled to US$ 250,000 and $400,000 respectively. The Sustainable growth fund (SGF) replaced with Sustainable Island State Contribution fund (SISC). Mandatory interviews required at consulate or embassy or visiting St.Kitts in person.
Each main applicant is required to attend an interview conducted by an independent professional firm commissioned by the CIU or by officials of the Unit either virtually, in person in St Kitts and Nevis or in person at such other location approved by the Board of Governors of the CIU. Dependants aged 16 or over may if deemed necessary also be required to attend an interview.
1.Sustainable Island State Contribution (SISC)
The minimum SISC contributions required by law are as follows:
- Main applicant only: US$250,000
- Main applicant and a spouse: US$300,000
- Main applicant and one dependant: US$300,000
- Main applicant, a spouse and one or two dependants; US$350,000
- Main applicant and two or three dependants: US$350,000
- Each additional dependant under 18: US$50,000
- Each additional dependant aged 18 or over: US$75,000
- Denied; or
- Delayed for cause and is still being processed.
The following due diligence fees apply to all CBI applications:
- Main applicant: US$10,000
- Each dependant aged 16 or over: US$7,500
- Minimum investment doubled for donation and real estate options, to attract only right kind of people.
- Mandatory interviews – Each main applicant is required to attend an interview conducted by an independent professional firm commissioned by the CIU or by officials of the Unit either virtually, in person in St Kitts and Nevis or in person at such other location approved by the Board of Governors of the CIU.
- St Kitts committed expand visa waiver program with more countries and has recently signed visa waiver to Mexico, Georgia, Albania. Since 2105, the government has signed visa waiver with 19 countries.
- St Kitts has tightened application checks and implemented biometric and fingerprinting requirement from applicants.
- St Kitts CBI scheme do not require taking Oath from applicants, unlike other countries.
- Real estate investment required increased to $400,000 and must be held for 7 years. The Government implemented escrow legislation to protect citizenship investors. The real estate option is cheaper to big families instead of donation option.
- St Kitts issues biometric e-passport valid for 10 years under the CBI program. The passport can be collected through authorized agent or at embassy.
Post Citizenship Additions
Family members such as spouse, child and siblings can be added later at any time post obtaining citizenship of main applicant. This is subjected to additional fees.
2. Real Estate:
Designated recoverable Real Estate Investment with a value of
- US$ 400,000 (approved resort hotel shares only) held for seven years before resale
- US$ 800,000 (full title deed on condos or private homes) held for seven years before resale, plus payment of various registration and other fees
Please contact us for list of very good real estate projects approved by government for investment available with us.
On approval in principle of an application made through a real estate investment, a Government fee applies, as follows:
- Main applicant: US$25,000
- Spouse of the main applicant: US$15,000
- Any other qualified dependent of the main applicant regardless of age: US$10,000
The real estate investment of US$400,000 investment may also attract two applicants at US$400,000 each plus government fees, but this can only be resold after 7 years
Due diligence fee
- US$10,000 for the main applicant, and
- US$7,500 for each dependent of the main application who is over the age of 16 years.
St Kitts passport is the powerful CBI passport in the Caribbean with visa free access to 155 countries and territories, including Russia, UK, Ireland, EU Schengen states. The St Christopher (Kitts) and Nevis passport issued is valid for 10 years, which can be renewed thereafter at any consulates where you live. Please note it takes about 3-4 months processing time.
Canada Visa Waiver
Canada has granted conditional visa waiver through electronic travel authorization to citizens of St.Kitts and Nevis. Effective Jun 6, 2023, SKN citizens who have either held a Canadian visa in the last 10 years or who currently hold a valid United States non-immigrant visa ,can now apply for an eTA instead of a paper visa, when travelling to Canada by air.
How to Apply?
Please follow the following Government recommended payment steps..
- Prepare the initial set of documents (police certificate, copy of passports and birth certificates, CV/Resume)
- Submit the file to CIU through Authorized agent by paying only due diligence fee and 50% lawyer fee.
- Wait for Government approval letter (takes 3 months)
- Once approved, pay the remaining investment. You dont need to pay if not approved.
- Collect your passport and citizenship certificate at nearest St Kitts consulate or embassy
Eligible Family Dependents
A main applicant may include the following family members as dependants in their application:
- The spouse of the main applicant;
- Children aged under 18;
- Children aged between 18 and 25 who are in full-time attendance at a recognised secondary or tertiary level institution of learning and fully supported by the main applicant;
- Children aged 18 or over who are physically or mentally challenged; and
- Parents of the main applicant or the spouse of the main applicant aged 65 or over, living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
Nationals of Russia, Belarus, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and Cuba are banned from applying, regardless of where they live
We can arrange for meetings in Dubai, London, Zurich. Please mention for appointments when you send us the online application.
1. Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF)
This fund is now closed for investment
St Kitts and Nevis has launched new Sustainable Growth fund under the CBI programme, effective from April 1, 2018 which will resume after the expiry of Hurricane Relief Fund currently open for applications. The Sustainable Growth Fund for a single applicant will require a contribution of US $150,000, inclusive of Government fees. The contribution for a family of up to four will be US $195,000 following incremental steps.
The investment options for Sustainable Growth Fund (SFG) are as follows:
- Single applicant – US$ 150,000
- Main applicant and a spouse – US$170,000
- Main applicant, spouse and two dependants – US$195,000
- Each additional dependant under 18 – US$10,000
- Each additional dependant over 18 – US$25,000
Due diligence fee
- US$10,000 for the main applicant, and
- US$7,500 for each dependent of the main application who is over the age of 16 years.
2. Hurricane Relief Fund
HRF fund option is closed as of March 30, 2018. This option has been retired.
3. SIDF Investment
Donation to Charity
The Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) is a charity setup by Saint Kitts Nevis Govt to raise funds for the displaced sugar industry workers. The minimum contribution about is $250,000 per person and it is non-refundable by the Government, once passport is granted.
Note: SIDF is closed and replaced by SGF fund
The SIDF investment option is currently closed and not available under CBI program
Under the citizenship by donation option, there are four different categories, depending on the family members:
SIDF – Fee and Costs
The SIDF has $250,000 donation + Government fee + Due diligence fee for one person. Additional costs apply for more family members. Please see the fee schedule for single applicant and any accompanying family members. The SIDF option is the fastest and cheapest way to attain second citizenship and the processing time takes 4-6 months. The above mentioned include all government and due diligence and application fees.
3. Real Estate Investment
The real estate investment is a recoverable investment, but it is quite expensive because the minimum investment needed is USD 400,000, plus purchase costs, plus citizenship costs (see below).
We work with various real estate developers in St.Kitts and Nevis. For example: The Kittitian hill, Park Hyatt, Six Senses is a Government approved real estate project, which qualifies for citizenship.
Approved Real Estate Projects
We also assist clients with numerous other Govt. approved real estate developer projects, through our real estate consultant in St.Kitts and Nevis. For the list of projects, please see this page.
Real Estate – Fee and Costs
The Government requires either an investment in approved real estate project with a value of at least US$ 400,000 (share) plus payment of various registration and other fees like Govt fee, due diligence fee, passport fee etc.. Freehold properties must be $400,000 or more.
The new reduced government fees will be applicable for real estate, AAP and PIF options
Main applicant – $25,000
Spouse – $15,000
Dependent Child under 18 – $10,000
Child/Dependent above 18 – $15,000
Note: The real estate option is a recoverable investment however, you can only sell your property after 7 years. As of new regulations, the next buyer of the property will not qualify for citizenship.
Private homes sale option will be reintroduced with the following changes only approved private homes shall qualify for this investment option with a minimum investment sum of U.S 400 000 (condos) or USD 800,000 (family private homes) which excludes government due diligence and other processing fees. Two or more applicants May apply for citizenship by investment together by purchasing one approved private home provided that each main applicant contributes the minimum investment of U.S 400 000 dollars the homes purchased must be kept for seven years and may not be resold to another CBI applicant private homes also cannot be converted from a single family dwelling into apartments or Condominiums
Public Good Investment
Public Good Investment Option (PGIO) will replace the Alternative Investment Option (AIO) and will focus on effecting real transformation for the country by investing into areas that will benefit the citizens of St Kitts and Nevis – these projects must maximise local employment, transfer technological skills and increase capacity building. Investors of the PGIO must assume all financial risks associated with the projects and, if the investment results in the development of real estate on State land, investors must agree to transfer all real estate to the State on substantial completion. Investors looking to contribute to the PGIO will be required to apply to the Board of Governors to be designated as a Public Good Investor. To qualify under the PGIO, an applicant must contribute US$250,000, excluding relevant due diligence, processing and Government fees.
List of Documents Required
All applicants are required to provide the following:
- Completed C1 application form;
- Completed C2 application form;
- Completed C3 application form;
- Original excerpt of full birth record or certified copy of birth certificate (i.e. a birth document that also includes your parent’s details, or a household register, family book etc.);
- Certified copy of proof of name change (deed polls or jurisdictional equivalent, if applicable);
- Certified copy of current national identity card(s) (children under the age of 16 are exempted);
- Certified copy of current passport(s) showing name, photo citizenship/nationality, date and place of issue, expiry date, passport number and issuing country;
- HIV test results (test results must not be older than three months upon submission of an application; children under the age of 12 are exempt);
- Police certificate “Certificate of No Criminal Record” or “Police Clearance Certificate” from country of citizenship and any country where the applicant has lived for more than one year over the past 10 years (children under the age of 16 are exempt). Require FBI record in USA and;
- Six photographs approximately 35 x 45mm in size, taken within the past six (6) months (N.B. one of the photographs must be certified and attached to the C2 form).
Other supporting documents required from the main applicant:
- C4 application form (SGF Option);
- Completed Purchase and Sales Agreement (if applying for the Approved Real Estate Option);
- At least one original professional reference (e.g. from an attorney, notary public, charted accountant or other professional of similar standing) which is no older than six months;
- Bank statements for a 12 month period from the date of submission of application;
- At least one original bank reference letter issued by an internationally recognised bank, which is no older than six months;
- Certified copy of military records or exemption from military service (if applicable);
- One original document of evidence of residential address (e.g. certified copy of a recent utility bill or bank statement showing full name and address, or written confirmation from a bank, attorney, chartered accountant or notary public);
- Employment letter(s) stating the start of employment, position held and salary earned;
- Certified copy of business license or incorporation documents;
- One original excerpt of marriage record or certified copy of marriage certificate(s) if applicable (i.e. if married persons apply together);
- Certified copy of divorce documents (if applicable);
- Statement and evidence of source of fund to be invested in St. Kitts and Nevis;
- Affidavit of financial support for applicants between the ages of 18-30;
- Certified copy of university degrees (if applicable) and;
- Limited Power of Attorney.
In addition to the REQUIREMENTS we will need:-
- Lawyers credential – this is the lawyer who is certifying all the documents as true copies
- Medical examiners credentials – this is for the medical examiner who is doing the form c3
- Translators credentials – if there are any translations to be done, then these must be provided
Once the documents and forms are ready we will submit them to the CIP unit. They then take 3-5 days to review the forms and deem the file complaint or request missing documents. If it is compliant then you will receive a decision on your application within 90 days of the date the file is deemed compliant. Once approved after / before 90 days you are then hopefully given a letter of approval which requires the payment of the investment sum fee within 60 days. Once the investment amount is paid the applicant(s) then receive their citizenship Certificate and then they get the passport about two weeks later.
We can arrange for meetings in Dubai, London, Switzerland or in St.Kitts. Please contact us for appointments when you complete our online application.